What Do I Need to enter Grenada?

Important documents are required to travel, study, or wed on Grenada

Photo credit: © Mykola Velychko | Dreamstime.com

Take your passport to Grenada

Studying or getting married on Grenada requires a number of important documents. However, even vacationers who simply wish to visit the island must produce proof of identity in order to be allowed entry.


Many foreign citizens who will visit Grenada will only need to produce a passport and proof of a return or continuing flight. Travelers visiting from Caribbean countries (not including Cuba), European Union countries, Japan, Norway, Israel, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States, should not need a visa to enter the country for up to three months. Stays may be prolonged up to six months.


Travelers from other countries, such as Russia, are required to obtain a tourist visa in order to enter the country. These visas cost $25(EC). Vacationers who are considering a trip to Grenada should consult their nearest Grenadian embassy or consulate for travel information and special entry requirements.


Grenada can be a romantic and beautiful place to wed, but travelers must complete a number of requirements before the marriage can take place. The couple must be on Grenada for three full days before applying for licenses and stamps at the Prime Minister's Office, Treasury, and Register General's Office. The total cost of the marriage license, registration, and stamps is approximately $32(EC). Travelers must provide the following documents to marry on Grenada:

  • Passports

  • Birth certificates or adoption papers

  • Proof of single status

  • Decree Absolute (in case of divorce)

  • Death certificate (for the widowed)

  • Proof of name change (if applicable)

Travelers who are younger than 21 must have notarized written parental consent. All documents must be in English. The following offices must be contacted and visited prior to the wedding to obtain all necessary documents and to pay fees.

Organization Contact Information
Prime Minister's Office Ministerial Complex Botanical Gardens
6th Floor
St. George's
Treasury Financial Complex
The Carenage
St. George's
Registry General's Office Ministerial Complex Botanical Gardens
Ground Floor
St. George's


For travelers who will study on Grenada, perhaps at St. George's University, traditional academic materials such as transcripts, standardized test scores, recommendations, and essays must be supplemented with passport-sized photographs, social security numbers, and financial information. Students should contact their local Grenadian embassy or consulate for information on visas and staying in the country for an extended time.

Whether you have come to celebrate love, pursue study, or simply to lie on the beach, you won't want to leave home without packing required documents in your carry-on.


Help us improve! We welcome your corrections and suggestions.